From The Happiness Project I came across this list of 40 things a woman wanted to do before she turned 40. I was inspired to do my own list: “30 Before 30.” My 27th birthday is in about two weeks so that gives me three years to tackle my list:
1) Finish my PhD.
3) Finish knitting the red and orange scarf that is now in its fourth year of knitting.
4) Do a yoga teacher training course.
5) Travel to
6) Travel to any of the following with SV:
7) Go on a trip with my parents – maybe
8) Paint a picture a year (at least).
9) Stay out of debt.
10) Start a retirement fund.
11) Publish 3 first-authored papers.
12) Take ballet.
13) Go to a slow food event in
14) Sea kayaking around
15) Scrapbook more.
16) Visit Aunt L. a few times.
17) Have a dedicated yoga practice for one year. (hopefully, more!)
18) Have a dedicated meditation practice for 6 months.
19) Run the Bolder Boulder one time
20) Go to Ojo Caliente with friends. Yay!
21) Finish baby blanket for KVL.
22) Knit something for RY.
23) Knit hat and cowl for myself.
24) Have love endeavor(s)!
25) Paint and organize a space in the lab for my office. Something very cool. Very chic. Very organized; very me.
26) Get to know my parents more.
27) Play my violin more. Or at all. Have AM tune it first…
28) Find the 10 best breakfast places in
29) Write an article for the NYTimes.
30) Learn to make excellent chicken enchiladas – locate that recipe I used
I realize some of these are pretty ambitious (mainly #29 and #3). The rest however, are realistic. Additionally, each of these touch on themes, people and the minutiae of my life that make me happy!