Saturday, April 7, 2007

Happy Movies

We watched a really good film last night that just made me happy. Not giggly happy, or elated but just plain happy with a small, lasting smile: Stranger Than Fiction. I really enjoyed this movie. It wasn’t a comedy or happy in the way that Mary Poppins or Auntie Mame is happy but it made me smile at the end. It got me to thinking and I have made a list of my Top Ten Happy Movies in no particular order:

1) Auntie Mame
2) Mary Poppins
3) Stranger Than Fiction
4) To Catch a Thief
5) The Big Chill
6) Center Stage
7) The Little Princess (1939 version)
8) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
9) Pride and Prejudice (1995 mini)
10) E.T.

What movies make you happy?

1 comment:

Robin said...

I haven't seen some of those! I definitely like LoR trilogy. A few more I like are "Bridget Jones Diary", Monsters Inc., Some Like it Hot, and the new Pride and Predjudice movie as well (although the PBS version with Colin Firth is still at the top of the list).